Friday, November 27, 2009

Top 6 Reasons Why I Should be in Ohio

6) My Name- Mark is only one syllable, just like the name James. Put the name Bond at the end and it sounds more like James Bond, the name is Mark, Mark Bond. Sounds more like the movie.

5) I Like Turkey- I love eating turkey dinners, I could eat them at least once a week and I appreciate them for what they are, a delicious family tradition.

4) I'm Good at Meeting the Parents- I think we all know how much Alysha's parents love me and I think I could demand the same respect and fondness from Ian's parents as well. Tell a few jokes, tell them I think there son is a hard worker and they'll be head over heels for me.

3) I Know the Local Sports Teams- Mr. Bond and I could sit down and enjoy the local sporting event like watching the Cincinnati Bengals play football or the Cleveland Cavaliers play basketball. I feel like it could be some bonding moments that could once again score me points.

2) I've Also Worked at a Camp- I know both Becca and Ian have worked at a camp, but so have I. The stories I have are just as relevant as their stories. I could tug on the Bond's heart strings with an emotional story about the troubled kid or tell them a bust a gut funny story about kids wetting their beds, really, I have all the basics covered.

1) I Know American History- I've studied the Ohio River Valley, I know George Washington attacked a small French settlement which sparked the French Indian War which then sparked the 7 Years War which changed history. I could take the Bond family on a tour of their own state and tell them about it.

No comments: