Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top 6 Physics Laws

I am not an authority on Physics laws, so these are not truly the greatest of all time - just in my limited knowledge. For those interested, my cat is sitting on my shoulder and my dog is sleeping in a plant in my backyard.

6. Snell's Law - The sine of the angle of incidence multiplied by the refractive index of the initial medium is equal to sine of the angle of refraction multiplied by the refractive index of the medium the ray of light enters. All angles with respect to the normal of the surface, of course.

5. Newton's Laws of Universal Gravitation - It doesn't work at an atomic level. So much for always relying on gravity.

4. Faraday's Laws of Electromagnetic Induction/Lenz's Law - Magnets and current can cause some nasty opposition. If you've got some magnets, some copper and some faith, you can achieve levitation.

3. Newton's Laws of Motion - Pretty much the entirety of an introductory physics course - and much of every other course you take.

2. First Law of Thermodynamics - Turns out that energy cannot be created or destroyed - only lost relative to a system as heat.

1. Maxwell's Equations (all four are Laws) - A flawless representation of classic electromagnetism. I've heard it even works on extreme levels.

No comments: