Saturday, January 16, 2010

Top Six Exciting Things This Week

6. Moving Home - I decided on Sunday (the day before I was supposed to move back to school) that I would live at home and commute from Langley to Abbotsford for my last semester of college. No - I did not get my driver's license. Yes - My mom is driving me to and from school every day. Don't laugh, I know you're just jealous that you don't get to spend that much time with my mom.

5. It was the first week of my last semester of college! I am SO ready to be done it's not even funny. Last semester went from bad to worse and the difficulties with friendships and the fact that I'm feeling like I'm suffocating just aren't helping my desire to be finished. 104 days.

4. Gluten Free Cooking - I bought a GF cookbook on Sunday and have made some delicious discoveries. One of them may have been that it sucks when you try to spread out pancake batter by tipping the frying pan and your pancake falls into the stove top causing a small fire and a big mess, but I'm learning and eating things that taste like normal food but won't make my stomach want to kill me.

3.Glee! - I bought the first season on DVD and the first soundtrack. I also found out that they are holding open auditions for the second season and you can submit your audition online. Look out world, I sing, I act...and I'll work on the dancing.

2. I have my own room again - I loved my roomate but it is so nice to be able to retreat into my room and be alone with my thoughts. Sure my thoughts keep me from being able to sleep, but at least my inability to sleep won't be keeping anyone but my cat awake.

1. I've got a new man in my life...okay...he's not new...and technically...he's a cat. But at least I know he's going to love me as long as I keep feeding him and the only way he'll hurt me is if I touch his stomach, and even then it's just going to be a scratch. I believe step one in my becoming a crazy cat lady has been accomplished...success.

No comments: