Thursday, January 7, 2010

Top 6 moments of 2009

6)Concerts- So this year was a good year for shows, seeing bands like Gob and reliving my Grade 8 and 9 years was pretty hilarious, and sort of scary how many lyrics I remebered. But by far the best two shows were Coldplay and U2. I wanted to see Coldplay so bad this tour and I they didn't let me down, they get better with thye more albums they put out. U2, what can I say, the first chords of Streets of No Name get me everytime. I hate to say this but a little respect for the opening bands for doing a decent job for pumping up the crowd.

5)Summer Season 1- So this was the first summer I was home for more than 10days in about three years. All I can say it was glorious. Late night soccer and working a job with no school provided em with ample enjoyment. Even though certain jobs shut me down it was one of the best summers I've ever had. Full of good people and good times, and porch talks.

4)Homewood- So my past summers had been spent working the entire summer at Camp and this was the first summer I didn't do that. The 3 weeks I spent up there were great just sailing and taking in the sights and sounds of the ocean. Probably the best thing that happened was at a kids chapel and I had a moment of revelation, that it was time too let go of the camp life.

3)Excelling in School- For the first time this year, I excelled in university. I got good grades and put the time and effort required to succeed at a University levels and I even got into the program I wanted to get into. Ironically enough I'm no longer there but it's still a good feeling.

2)Moving to Langley- This one was out of left field and was a very hard descision to make but here I am, I'm hoping for the best and things work out, I'm enjoying it so far. I could probably write an entire post on this alone but I'll leave it at that.

1) West Coast Trail- It's been a dream of mine and some of my good friends to hike this, and we finally conquered it during the last week of summer. Thorough much toil and tears, we conqured the trail and had a great time doing it, I probably spent far too much getting ready for the trail but it was worth it, so was a $20 burger.

Special Post

0.5- The Love (with a bullet)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm happy that I'm somewhat related to 3 of these.

Maybe one of your highlights for 2010 will be learning how to spell check.