Monday, July 27, 2009

Top 6 Best "Unusual" Places To Be A Doctor

I have ventured on a long path of trying to become a physician. I'm really enjoying it. However, I will enjoy being a doctor a lot more than trying to be one. Or so I hope.
In thinking about my future, I have day-dreamt some fantastical situations that I could get myself into where being a doctor will be even more totally awesome. Here they are:

6. In a regular, social gathering crowd - This is the classic one. Somebody starts choking, faints or bleeding from their eyes and a cry for help is raised. In steps me: "It's okay. I'm a doctor." A hush of awe overcomes the crowd as I pull out my handy-dandy "doctor tool belt" that sports all of the medicine I would ever need (all doctors carry them around). In a few short moments, I would restore the individual back to better health than they ever had. Applause ensues.

5. During a pandemic - I love Organic Chemistry. I never thought that I would be able to say that truly. It's the first class where studying rarely feels like studying. Knowledge of how to synthesize ketones brings me joy. Hopefully I'll continue to study it, so that when that really big pandemic comes and wipes out 2/3 of the world, I'll be okay. I'll be able to synthesize my own antidote and go on a quest to save the world. Despite my best efforts, much tragedy will still result, causing me to be plagued with Schindler-like woe. I will become a dynamic character full of alternating joy and torment. And those are the best kind.

4. On a date - Think of all the wonderfully cheesy lines you could use on a date. Or what if your date experiences a health crisis while dating you? No problem. You save her, and she's yours forever. And getting dates isn't a problem either when you're a doctor.

3. In a war - To be completely honest with you, I think the world is going to explode sometime soon. A lot of people are afraid of that - but not me. As a physician, I will be virtually immortal. Somebody blows my arm off? No problem! I'll just sew it back on. And I wouldn't even have to kill anybody if there were conscription. I could just work at the hospital, taking care of all the wounded.

2. As a castaway on an island - The entire cast of Lost would be dead by now if it weren't for Dr. Jack Shepard.

1. In space - Everything is at its coolest in space.

No comments: