Saturday, October 23, 2010

Top Six Things I Hope I Won't Do When I'm A Parent

6. Make My Entire Family Wear Matching Clothes - When I was growing up there was a family at our church who did this. Mom, Dad, Kids, everyone. All the same pattern, material, everything.

5. Let My 4-Year-Old Son Wear Justin Bieber T-Shirts - Yes I saw this recently.

4. Let My Kids Have Cell Phones Before They Can Afford To Pay For Them - I'm sorry but children do not need to text. Children do not need cell phones.

3. Pull My Child By The Ear - In researching this post I asked my mother what is something I shouldn't do when I have children and she demonstrated this act of frustration. It hurts.

2. Watch The Wiggles - Most children's shows are a little strange and annoying and don't make much sense and get stuck in your head in the worst way. But from what I have seen of the Wiggles, they are the worst. No Wiggles in my house thank you.

1. Nurse A Baby In A Movie Theatre - Inspiration for this post. I was on a date the other night and we were a little shocked why we a) saw that the couple in front of use had a baby with them (which could be kind of annoying and disruptive and why would you bring a baby in the first place?) a b) realized that right at the dramatic climax of the movies the woman began to NURSE her baby. Needless to say, I covered my face with my sweater and pretended to be moved to tears by Katherin Heigl's performance.

2 comments:

Beccaboo said...

Edit: Rather than Pulling My Child's Ear (which I still will never do but this is funnier) WHEN I AM A PARENT I HOPE I WILL NEVER PUT MY CHILD ON A LEASH. Oh my goodness! I saw this today and I thought 'I have to edit my last Stop Six post!' Poor little children on leashes.

Unknown said...

Wait till it's dark outside and you cannot find your 13 year old child who was supposed to be at the school dance. You'll give that kid a cell phone the next day.

Good luck