Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008: The Top 6

6. The Senior Art Show - I was asked to be a guest artist at the Senior Show last spring. I took it as an opportunity to experiment with different media, and hung site-specific light-box installations in the underground parking lot. Recently it was featured on the back cover of the university alumni magazine. I felt honored to be a part of such a great show that saw almost 2,000 people visit.

5. The Music - music and I got along really well in 2008. The vinyl collection expanded greatly, a life goal of seeing Radiohead was fulfilled, and I started to write concert reviews for Beyond Robson, so I get to go to shows for free now! Top shows include Radiohead, Fleet Foxes x2, Cut Copy/The Presets, and Yelle.

4. The Traditions - Canim Lake holds so many memories, and my 7th time there was as good as ever. I made a foam surfboard, shot guns, and gutted a fish. There is no place like Canim to make you feel like a true Canadian.

3. The Close Calls - Bethany and I drove to Alberta for a wedding. We rode bicycles in fields, stopped for wildlife, and unexpectedly saw the northern lights when we made a wrong turn. I can't believe I almost didn't go.

2. The Travels - The latter part of my summer was spent on a trip to Colombia and Peru. Traveling is always amazing, but to do it with my Dad was extra special (especially when he is fluent in Spanish).

1. The Love

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's no place like Canim Lake to make you feel like a human being.