Monday, November 3, 2008

Top 6 Things I've Realized Not To Do Or Say To Girls or Girlfriends

As a pre cursor to this I want people to know that a (*) denotes I said or did this to a girlfriend so I won't look like a huge jerk even though this post may seem like I am.

6)(*) Give into a girls demand so easily. For example when riding in a car and a girl asking me I won't date her and a week later I'm dating her means clearly I caved. Perhaps the biggest lesson from this episode in my life was the fact that I shouldn't date a crazy girl, they are bad news.But great for stories later on.

5) Tell a girl to her face that I dont trust her. This requires a back story but i won't tell it on this blog. If your desperate for the story i can tell you in real life. Pretty much I told a lot of my life to this girl which in itself proably isn't the greatest idea unless there is serious potential for a relationship. Needless to say it didn't end up well the day i told her that cause she kept asking if I was angry at her. i sorta was and I told her straight up i couldn't trust her cause she told people stuff. The other thing i remeber about that day is that I bought Coldplay's X&Y album which was decent.

4)(*) Since this happened very recently and is the inspiration of this post it is not rent a depressing movie while hanging out with a girl (especially girlfriend). So on the weekend my GF was here and after some dinner at a friends house we decided to rent a movie. For those of you who have seen the movie trainspotting you will agree it is one of the most depressing movies of all time. However, the soundtrack is kick ass so thats why i wanted to rent it so bad. Being the rad girl she is she agreed to watch it and I'm pretty sure we were both stunned with depression. Any movie with a scene involving a dead baby isn't a good date movie.

3) Believe everything that a girl says who likes you. this isn't so much saying but more doing. If a girl is digging your style but your not feeling the same way there will be many things she says to convince you that she is over that and it's done. this has actually occured a couple of times and needless to say it gets a little tiring/embarassing when it happens more than once. I'm not sure if it makes me angry at them for lying or at me for being a complete clown and believing them more than once. I felt like an undecided voter and the party's wer trying to woo me with the talk of cutting taxes and saying anything to get my vote, or affection.

2) Telling a Girl you like her best friend. This should be a no brainer for most guys. I should have realized this but as made clear in the earlier ost I was a naive boy to the world. This has happened on more than 1 occasion and disastorous consequences followed. Mostly because those girls also liked me and when you tell someone you like your best friend, not them, it wont go over very well. it can create things such as akward situations, needless tension, forced confessions, and other almost seemingly movie worthy events. However if I can take out a positive event, I gave friends and proably strangers a lot of entertainment at my expense, but i guess I deserved it.

1) Never Ever give a Girl hope when there is none. I also learned this the hard way when a letter was given to me. This letter contained the details of someone's feelings for me who i unfortunately didnt feel the same. She left the room as this note was being read by me and in the back of my head a voice was saying 2 things. EFF ME and, she's not in the room, you can maybe slip out the door and she won't know. i know, pretty classless but i stayed and perhaps made the biggest mistake a young man trying to find a place in this world can say. "I dont want a relationship right now, maybe someday down the line." If we were playing the sub par game show family feud. Louis Anderson would say, Survey says: Mark's an Idiot." That phrase brought on more crap and also provided me with possible other posts mentioned earlier. All I can say is that was amateur hour on my part.

I hope the young kids can learn something from this post, clearly it took me awhle to get things right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm just going to quote you because that was one of the greatest posts I've ever read:

"The other thing i remeber about that day is that I bought Coldplay's X&Y album which was decent."

"Any movie with a scene involving a dead baby isn't a good date movie."